Want to register as an NGO but having trouble with the Department of Social Development? Try registering as a PBO instead, using this form from SARS (along with a standard business registration form). It gives you exactly the same legal and tax status, and it’s nowhere near as ridiculously overcomplicated.

Applic Form NPO’s